The smile predisposes people, and when we smile, we make ourselves happy, too. In order for the smile to be beaming and to please both the individuals around us and ourselves, several facts have to be present.
Oral Hygiene Is a Fundamental Factor for a Beaming Smile
One of the most important factors for securing a smile that makes even the bluest of people happy is healthy teeth and healthy gums. The habit of taking care of our oral cavity is cultivated from a very young age.
Our parents start instilling the habit of brushing our teeth when we are 1 or 2 years old. So, over time, we get used to “flirting” with the toothbrush at least twice a day.
White teeth and healthy gums, an indispensable part of the beaming smile, are the so-called “business card” of a person. They are one of the first things that are noticed in interpersonal communication. In this line of thought, let us introduce you to some very practical and useful tips.
Practical Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Oral Cavity
- Pay your dentist a visit at least every six months.
- Brush the teeth minimum twice a day. The brushing should be between 3 and 5 minutes to have an effect. The brush movements should be either circular or vertical.
- Change the toothbrush minimum every 3 months. It is recommended to make use of a medium toothbrush. Too soft or too hard toothbrushes should be evaded since the former cannot clean the teeth well enough while the latter might make gums bleed. Besides, it is highly suggested that the brush contains as many fibers as possible so that it cleans the teeth better.
- Use a dental floss every evening and rinse the mouth with an antiseptic mouthwash.
- Thoroughly clean the tongue at least once every few days. Much of the harmful bacteria accumulate on it.
The Wondrous Benefits of Preparing a Home-made Toothpaste with Clay
Very often in modern toothpastes, there is a number of ingredients detrimental to the body. Therefore, it is vital that we are extremely careful about what we purchase and that we thoroughly read the toothpastes’ composition. The other (better) option is to prepare our own toothpaste at home.
White clay is a splendid additive to a home-made toothpaste. This type of clay has a magnificent effect on tooth enamel and gums, especially if we suffer from gingivitis and / or periodontal disease.
White clay is the finest of all clay types and it very effectively whitens the teeth in a healthy way. It is soft and gentle to the gums. Now, it is important to highlight the fact that most whitening toothpastes in the store have elements that are very aggressive to our teeth, so it is highly recommended to use natural ingredients like white clay.
Besides, this clay type is characterized by an abundant composition of magnesium, trace elements, and zinc. In turn, zinc is a mineral and an essential trace element that plays an enormous role not only for our teeth but also for our health in general.
How to Prepare a White Clay Toothpaste at Home?
The ingredients necessitated to prepare the paste are:
- 1 1/2 tbsp while clay.
- 2 tbsp distilled water.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (if the room temperature where the oil is kept is below 25 degrees, it will not be completely liquid).
- 1/3 teaspoon Himalayan salt or sea salt (if the enamel is more brittle or the teeth are sensitive, this ingredient may be omitted).
- 2 teaspoons of sodium bicarbonate (you can add a bit more in the summer because the high air temperature liquefies the coconut oil – keep in mind that this means a little more water, too).
- 5 to 10 drops of essential oil of our choice (mint, clove, tea tree, cinnamon, pelargonium, lemon, incense, or grapefruit).
One of the healthiest, as well as the most effective, methods for achieving a beaming smile is maintaining a good oral hygiene with clay.
Are you ready to bestow healthy smiles?